My stitched bits

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm not feeling 100% at the moment. I have been fretting about some stuff lately and it just became too much. The saddest part is that my boyfriend's father is on his deathbed.
I'm trying to take my mind of things and cross stitching helps me a bit, thank gawd!

I know a lot of you are stitching things for Valentine. But in february you don't only have Valentine.... there's also The Carnival. I don't celebrate that and I haven't found many cross stitch designs that have a carnival feeling. So I decided to make a small festive ornament for those that are in a Carnival mood.
It has a German/Dutch text on "Alaaf", which is an expression that is traditionally used as a carnival greeting. It orgininated from a dialect spoken in Cologne (Germany). It means "elf" = 11 which is known as the fool's number.

Anyways, enough about the etymology, onwards with the cross stitches!

This is the ornament I concocted:




The chart looks like this:



If you want to make it, you can find the link to the chart and the key right underneath:

click

As always, it would be nice to receive some feedback from you all and it would be great to get pictures of your stitched masterpieces!

Thanks for the visit. See you all later!

No comments: